As a supplement and continuation of the Mayakoba luxury hotel resort, Desarrollos subsequently assumed the execution of the project Ciudad Mayakoba. It is the first planned population centre in Quintana Roo, a residential project that has responded to the strong demographic growth that Playa del Carmen has experienced in recent years. Characterised by different types of dwellings, the project also includes commercial areas, public spaces and furnishings, among other services.
Ciudad Mayakoba acts on a double concept: on the one hand, it considers a development model for the population that inhabits its area of influence and, on the other hand, it deals with a residential archetype of the idea of a social club that includes the values associated with the Mayakoba brand.
Three large developments
- Parques de Mayakoba. It covers more than 220 hectares and 13,600 residences, in addition to a large urban park, commercial and leisure areas, and a civic-educational centre.
- Mayakoba Village. With a surface area of somewhat more than 13 hectares and 730 residences, it has a commercial area and offices. A navigable canal crosses it and is conceived for pedestrian use.
- Mayakoba Country Club. The most exclusive residential development of the complex, with more then 2,800 residences and 165 hectares, extends around the 18-hole golf course. It includes a social club, sports installations and exclusive access to the Mayakoba Beach Club.
Benefits for the community
- Construction of 16 kilometres of primary roads with a occupancy surface of more than 44 hectares, which is 10.7% of the surface area of the terrain, incorporating primary as well as secondary roads.
- Maximum respect for the local flora and fauna