Our capacity to develop innovative construction solutions and processes at its worksites is demonstrated by many examples in a wide range of areas:
Light Rail of Guadalajara. Mexico.
- System for the rehabilitation of support devices in bridges, developed to replace the supports on the Arcos de Alconétar viaduct (Spain).
- Folding rib mechanism conceived to solve transport restrictions for deck girders in light rail works in Guadalajara (Mexico).
- Safe construction technique for retaining walls in areas with reduced spaces, used in the Marmaray project in Istanbul (Turkey).
- System for the installation of trenchless sub-drainage in the dust mitigation project in Lake Owens in California (USA).
- Process of sealing joints in pavement using a hydraulic machine designed to expand the aircraft parking apron of the AMB Airport (Chile).
- Solution for infiltration treatment implemented in the South Ferry Station of the New York Metro (United States).
- Earth extraction system in basements, combining belts, buckets and hoppers installed in the Canalejas Center project in Madrid (Spain).
- Use of novel technosoils to minimize the generation of toxic leachates at the Espiño tunnel in the AVE to Galicia project (Spain)
- Real-time monitoring and control system of winter road maintenance fleets in the port of Somosierra, A1 motorway maintenance (Spain)
- In the area of industrial energy, our contributed important innovations in projects such as Puerto Errado 2 (Murcia, Spain), the world’s first solar-thermal plant in commercial operation, built with direct steam generation technology (Linear Fresnel) or in Ence -Huelva (Spain), Spain’s largest biomass power plant.To complement this innovative activity in projects, the company develops R&D projects that are aimed at improving construction processes. A good example is Built2Spec (Built to Specifications: Self-Inspection, 3D Modelling, Management and Quality-Check Tools for the 21st Century Construction Worksite), an initiative promoted by 20 partners from eight European countries and co-financed by the European Commission through the H2020 program, executed in the period 2015-2018 (www.built2spec-project.eu).The company was the only Spanish company selected to participate in this project, whose objective was to reduce the cost and complexity of the quality controls of construction processes, taking advantage of digital technologies, new sensors and the use of portable devices at worksites.
System for the rehabilitation of support devices on the Arcos de Alconétar viaduct (Spain)
and folding rib system for the construction of line 3 of the Light Rail of Guadalajara (México)